Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ghana Day 13

Short, boring update because my day was short and boring. While I’m feeling better, I’m definitely not at the top of my game and I wasn’t up to chasing after people to find a good assignment. Nobody jumped to give me anything, so I left early to beat the Monday traffic (which is pretty bad). The only productive thing I did today was to pass on some work to our parliamentary correspondent. The poor guy is having a malaria bout, but I think the prospect of around a month’s pay for less than a day’s work made him feel better. (Barak had given me a database of parliamentary candidates to be checked for ethnicity for around $100). I also finalized a survey on media freedom and sent it to all of the reporters whose email addresses I was able to get.

Besides that I mostly sat and cursed the internet connection, which has been extremely slow since last Wednesday, read my book, bought some yummy and melty Ghanaian chocolate, and am going to bed by 8:30. Sweet life.

No comments:

Post a Comment