Thursday, July 2, 2009

Grandpa LeVan: Activist

Also to follow up on Grandpa LeVan's post, I talked to the Assistant to the Editor about doing a follow-up story on the Ogbogbloshie market (not that I pronounced it correctly at all), since the one-year anniversary of the report is coming up. He thinks it's a good idea for a story, and he's going to find me a reporter who knows what he's doing to go along with me and starting tomorrow we'll go to the market and do follow-ups to see if any change has been implemented. So thanks for the tip-off! If nothing's been done, maybe your seeing this documentary will have contributed to the government getting pressured to do something about the problem.

I'll take other suggestions for stories from the peanut gallery as well : )

(Here's the original Greenpeace report (it's only 20 pages): http://www.greenpeace.org/raw/content/international/press/reports/poisoning-the-poor-electonic.pdf)

No comments:

Post a Comment