Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ghana Day 57

This is the last post from the continent of Africa of the Ghana Edition of Lindsay’s Adventures! It’s not a terribly exciting one, though – Wednesday I felt very ill all day and mostly just suffered through work. I almost went to an interesting program, but then I didn’t (out of fear of leaving the proximity of a nice bathroom), so it doesn’t make a very good story. I finished The Firm though, and I’m almost done with the Martian Chronicles, so I suppose it was productive intellectually. I also got through looking at the January and February newspapers.

Right when I was about to give up on getting my interview with the editor, because he was out until 3:30pm, he showed up and told me to wait for him. I got my interview around 4:30, and it was very interesting and probably worth waiting around for 7 hours for while feverish and belly-achey, although mostly because my alternative wasn’t all that better.

At night I packed and fell asleep by 8pm, and this morning I’m back at work for just a few hours to say goodbye and check in for my flight online. Although of course as I’m writing this the internet is not working (the power was out when I got here too, which is uncharacteristic). I’m a little sad to be going, but mostly I’ll be happy to be on American soil tomorrow at 1:40pm. Looking forward to seeing or talking to you all soon from a reasonable area code!

No comments:

Post a Comment